Rachel and Brian had a beautiful vision for their May wedding at the O.Henry Hotel in Greensboro, North Carolina. Silver, ivory, and touches of soft pink flowers made this Pavilion and Cloister Garden outdoor wedding a truly elegant and romantic setting to celebrate with close family and friends. With just 25 guests in attendance, Rachel and Brian filled the Cloister Garden with heartfelt hand-written vows that left not one dry eye in the crowd. While hanging votive candles twinkled in the trees, the guests transitioned into cocktail hour, followed by an intimate dinner in the Pavilion that was designed with silver linens, silver chairs, pink peonies, and loads of candle light. With great conversation and signature cocktails flowing, the night was truly a celebration of the love that Rachel and Brian share.
Final touches in the mirror of the beautiful Magi Suite on the top floor of the hotel before the ceremony.
The bride and groom took advantage of the comfortable sofas in the grand Social Lobby for a photo op after the wedding ceremony in the adjacent Cloister Garden.
The Green Valley Grill and hotel entrance also make for a great photo backdrop with the distinctive brick and O.Henry logo.
Silver Chairs and Silver linen make for a crisp, elegant tablescape.
One of the hors d’oeuvres served for cocktail hour: Balsamic Infused Tomato on Crostini with fresh mozzarella, basil pesto, and red onion from Green Valley Grill.
Remainder of the Chef Designed Wedding Menu from Green Valley Grill:
- Salami & Asiago Crostini with Bruschetta Topping on Crostini
- Seared Tuna on Focaccia with Romesco Mayonnaise & Shaved Parmesan
- Wild Mushroom Quiche with Parmesan Cheese
- Mini Crab Cakes served with Chili Lime Aioli
- Crispy Shrimp with Lemon Cumin Aioli
- Grape Leaf Wrapped Salmon topped with Chopped Tomato and Pine Nut-Raisin Relish
- Oak Fired Angus Filet with Port Wine Demi Glace
- Crispy Risotto Cake Napoleon, with Herbed Goat Cheese, Creamy marinara and Wilted Spinach
With uplighting at the base of each tree and votive candles hanging from the braches, the Cloister Garden sparkled and glowed as the sun set during dinner.
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Wedding Venue: O.Henry Hotel, Cloister Garden and Pavilion Room
- Chef Designed Menu and Catering: Green Valley Grill
- Getting Ready Suite: O.Henry Hotel Magi Suite
- Hair/Makeup: Cindy Sweet
- Photographer: Micciche Photography,
- Music: Kay Fitzpatrick, Strings Ensemble Entertainment
- Music: Acoustic Guitarist, Clay Howard
- Cake: Delicious Bakery, White Cake with White Frosting
- Linen Rentals: Party Tables
- Chair Rentals: Happy Rentz
For more information about planning your wedding or event Greensboro, North Carolina, please email our wedding and event specialists or give us a call at O.Henry Hotel: 336-478-9112 or Proximity Hotel: 336-478-9111.