Jamie and Brandon’s wedding was an example of simplicity at its finest. There were no color schemes, ornate decorations, bridesmaids or best men, just love. The couple met through a mutual friend and immediately felt chemistry upon being introduced. Brandon would later admit he knew Jamie was the one the night they had their first date. We’re thrilled that they chose the O. Henry Hotel for their special day. Green Valley Grill had long been a favorite of the bride and her parents and the couple thought the hotel would provide the idyllic, elegant setting for their wedding. On the first warm day of May, they wed in an intimate ceremony before 44 of their closest family and friends. The couple opted for a unique Friday afternoon wedding, in hopes of capturing as much natural light as possible. Their success is evident in each photo from their unforgettable day. After a magical honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, they’re savoring every moment of newlywed bliss.
The couple pose with the hotel’s restored checkered taxi.
The couple exchanged vows in the hotel’s Don Rives Cloister Garden.
A beautiful pergola served as an altar for the two, showcasing the garden’s lush greenery on the spring afternoon.
For the reception in the elegant Pavilion, tall vases of yellow dahlias were perched atop charcoal draped stations, and guest tables were adorned with yellow pincushion protea and assorted succulents in mercury glass vases.
Guests enjoyed a extraordinary buffet lunch from Green Valley Grill:
- Mixed Baby Green Salad with an Array of Julienne Garden Vegetables served with Five Herb Buttermilk and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled and Sliced Sirloin with Portabella Mushroom Bordelaise
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken, layered with Herbed Goat Cheese, topped with Lemon Garlic Sauce and Crispy Capers
- Mashed Potatoes
- Chef’s Seasonal Choice of Vegetable
- Sliced Bread and Butter
The bespoke table design included custom floral centerpieces by floral designer Brenda McLamb.
A chocolate martini toast accompanied the wedding cake and was a sweet ode to Jamie’s father (who loves martinis).
Recipe: GVG’s “Diva’s Delite” Chocolate Martini
- .75 oz Frangellico Hazelnut Liquor
- .75 oz Godiva Chocolate Liquor
- .5 oz Dark Crème de Cocoa
- 2 oz half and half
- Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a frozen, chocolate laced martini glass. Makes 1 cocktail.
The three-tiered wedding cake was by Simply Scrumptious and adorned with silver jewelry bands. Musician Greg Hyslop entertained guests with acoustic guitar during the reception.
The elegant sunlight-filled Pavilion, where the reception was held, allowed guests to have an outdoor experience while being inside.
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Wedding Venue: O.Henry Hotel, Cloister Garden and Pavilion Room
- Chef Designed Menu and Catering: Green Valley Grill
- Florist: Brenda McLamb (Proximity Hotel)
- Bakery: Simply Scrumptious: (Flavors: Caramel Crunch, Marble and Raspberry)
- Music: Greg Hyslop (booked through Rob Massengale Entertainment)
- Photographer: Patrick Eilers Photography