We’re excited to share Brittany and Bobby’s stunning spring wedding, which took place at the O.Henry Hotel in May. The couple were introduced by mutual friends about five years ago, and have been inseparable ever since. Bobby proposed during a romantic weekend in Asheville, outside The Biltmore House, and the couple were married less than a year later.
Brittany originally wanted to get married outside, so she and her mom had visited a few outdoor venues, but none of them struck her. After her mom suggested she visit The O.Henry Hotel, Brittany was instantly transfixed. She fell in love with the Don Rives Cloister Garden, and the versatility of the Pavilion (which allows guests to flow inside and outside at their leisure). She also appreciated the convenience of being able to stay at the hotel all weekend. After much planning with Brittany’s mom, our hotel design team, and Relish Design, Brittany and Bobby were ready to say “I do.” The wedding took place in the evening, with about 100 guests in attendance. Brittany walked down the aisle to Mendelssohn’s classic “Wedding March,” and violins played during the ceremony. Brittany’s oldest friend and bridesmaid’s husband officiated the wedding, which took place in the Pavilion.
The couple made use of the entire terrace level of the hotel for their reception, which created a nice flow to the evening. The Hawkins Brown Room featured the DJ and dance floor, while the bar was set up in the Palmer Room, displayed hors d’oeuvres and a meat carving station in the Merchants & Manufacturers Room, and a dessert display in the gallery hallway.
Clockwise: Brittany puts on the finishing touches in the Porter Suite; Brittany and her mom share a hug; The girls in their matching monogrammed shirts they wore while getting ready; Brittany’s sister, Shelby poses with her bouquet, and a friend holds up the couple’s wedding program.
Gold Chiavari chairs decorated with Gypsophilia await guests, for the ceremony in the Pavilion.
Brittany and her bridesmaids pose in the Don Rives Cloister Garden. Brittany chose plum as her main color, accented with neutral hues of champagne and ivory.
Brittany’s dad escorts her down the aisle, and the couple prepares to say their “I do’s,” during their ceremony in the Pavilion.
Brittany’s dad steals a kiss, before giving her away.
Clockwise: A New Dawn rose grows on the arbor in the lush Don Rives Cloister Garden; The garden provided the perfect setting for the couple’s spring wedding, making for a timeless photo; The bride’s bouquet, designed by Relish Design, featured cream roses, accented by pops of plum, from Calla lilies; Balls of twine enrobed with Gypsophilia hung in the .
Top: the couple spend some time in the romantic Don Rives Cloister Garden, before celebrating with friends and family. Bottom: Beautiful orchids adorned the lobby of the hotel
Clockwise: Tables in the Hawkins Brown Room were dressed with Ivory coin linens; Silver mercury glass vases and candle votives decorated the tables; Tall floral arrangements included white hydrangeas, Gypsophilia, and beautiful branches draped with beads, and the dinner tables featured plum runners; Short floral arrangements included soft peach and cranberry colored roses; The couple’s three-tiered wedding cake was enrobed with a champagne-hued buttercream, and a textured rose detail, embellished with a fresh purple hydrangea; White hydrangeas with pops of green Hypericum berries and Dusty Miller filled other mercury glass vases, complementing the wedding’s spring theme.
Party time! The newlyweds make their grand entrance, in the Hawkins Brown Room.
Clockwise: Guets let loose on the dance floor, in the Hawkins Brown Room; Brittany and her dad share a special father-daughter dance; Brittany’s sister, Shelby makes a moving speech.
Clockwise: Brittany and Bobby sip on champagne while savoring a toast; guests enjoy themselves on the dance floor; the couple have their first dance to Michael Buble’s “Everything.” They learned the choreographed dance at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, in Greensboro, and spent months rehearsing!
Cocktail Hour Antipasto Display by Green Valley Grill:
- Prosciutto, Soppressata, Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Peppers, Peperoncini Peppers, Onions, Garlic, Seasonal Bruschetta, Shaved Parmesan, Romano, Provolone, Grilled Bread, and Crackers
Passed Hors D’oeuvres:
- Balsamic Infused Tomato, Red Onion, Fresh Mozzarella and Pesto on Toasted Crostini
- Seared Tuna on Focaccia, with Romesco Mayonnaise and Shaved Parmesan
- Mini Crab Cakes served with Chili Lime Aioli
- Fire-Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Bruschetta with Herbed Ricotta Cheese
Displayed Hors D’oeuvres:
- Fresh Sliced Fruit
- Grilled Marinated Vegetables with Balsamic Dip and Harissa Aioli
- Roasted Turkey Breast served with Cranberry Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard and Brioche Rolls
- Rosemary-Crusted Rotisserie Fired Prime Rib of Beef, served with Grain Mustard, Caramelized Onions, Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Au Jus and Brioche Rolls
- Mashed Potato Bar with Shredded Tickler Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Bacon, Chives, and Butter
- Mini Strawberry Cobblers
- Key Lime Pie
- Pies by Green Valley Grill’s Laura Dominguez
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Wedding Venue: O.Henry Hotel, Pavilion Room, Hawkins Brown Room, Palmer Room and Merchants and Manufacturers Room
- Chef Designed Menus and Catering: Green Valley Grill
- Getting Ready Suite: Porter Suite
- Wedding Planning & Design: Relish Design Company
- Photography: Mark Potter Photography
- Cake: Maxie B’s
- Linens: Party Tables
- DJ & Photobooth: Chris Fletcher, with Triad DJ & Events